SQL Server 2008 provides a trusted, productive and intelligent data platform that enables you to run your most demanding mission-critical applications, reduce time and cost of development and management of applications, and deliver actionable insight to your entire organization.
SQL Server Standard edition includes the core database engine, along with the stand-alone services. It differs from Enterprise edition in that it supports fewer active instances (number of nodes in a cluster) and does not include some high-availability functions such as hot-add memory (allowing memory to be added while the server is still running), and parallel indexes.
Microsoft SQL Server Standard is ideal for:
- Business intelligence platform
- Scalable database consolidation, backup reduction more than 60%
- Master Data Services features transaction logging, role-based security, and multiple database interoperability
- Expedites the development and deployment of applications and produces enhanced support for virtualization through Hyper-V with Live Migration in Windows Server 2008 R2
CloudMint Provides Enterprise Ready images of SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition on the cloud ( AWS marketplace, Azure and Google Cloud Platform).
Deploy SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition on CloudMint i.e. AWS marketplace, Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Major Features of SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition
1. Database Mirroring
2. Support SQL Profiler
3. Compute capacity up to 4 sockets or 24 cores
4. Smart and Encrypted backups are available
6. Management Tools
7. Maximum Database size 524 PB
Installation Instructions For Windows
Note: How to find PublicDNS in AWS
Step 1) RDP Connection: To connect to the deployed instance, Please follow Instructions to Connect to Windows instance on AWS Cloud
1) Connect to the virtual machine using following RDP credentials:
- Hostname: PublicDNS / IP of machine
- Port : 3389
Username: To connect to the operating system, use RDP and the username is Administrator.
Password: Please Click here to know how to get password .
Step 2) SQL Connection: To Connect Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio in windows server, Please follow Instructions to Connect Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Step 3) Database Credentials:
You can Login by below SQL Database credentials
SQL UserName : sa || Password : TChangeh&33plz7@L
Note: You can reset ‘sa’ password by using windows authentication to connect to local SQL instance. Please use localhost in the server name when connecting from inside the RDC.
Step 4) Other Information:
- Windows Machines: RDP Port – 3389
- Http: 80
- Https: 443
- SQL Server Port: 1433 this is by default not allowed on the firewall for security.
Configure custom inbound and outbound rules using this link
Installation Step by Step Screenshots
SQL Server 2008 Installation